Locations 2017 >
16 – 17 February 2017
18 – 21 May 2017
1 – 23 June 2017
23 Mai – 5 June 2018
15 – 16 June 2018
21 – 26 September 2018
5 – 29 October 2018
woodbox on tour - Klagenfurt
Cutting-edge timber architecture in Europe
10 days of dialogue on building with wood
Wood will be showcased right in the heart of the city as the material of the future when it comes to urban construction and living.
WOODBOX is a compact, mobile exhibition that, with the help of around 50 architectural examples, shows the new potential in building with wood – ecological, sustainable and urban.
WOODDAYS features dialogues, lectures and presentations of best practices around the theme of wood as a key material for the green cities of tomorrow.
Friday, 29.08.2014, 10:30 am
Neuer Platz, Klagenfurt
Wednesday, 03 September 2014, 2pm to 4pm
Expert congress: "Sustainable development of cities and municipalities with wood"
Townhall Klagenfurt, Gemeinderatssaal
Experience exchange between politics, authorities, planning & execution on the topic "Sustainable development of cities and municipalities with wood"
- Hans Michael Offner, chairman proHolz Austria
- Christian Benger, National Council for economics, agriculture and forestry, Federal Province of Carinthia
- Albert Gunzer, Vice mayor city of Klagenfurt, President Kärntner Messen
- Alfred Teischinger, Institut für Holzforschung (IHF, Institute for Wood Research), University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
Experience reports – wood applications in cities and municipalities:
- Dietger Wissounig, Dietger Wissounig Architekten, Graz
- Tom Lechner, LP Architekten, Altenmarkt im Pongau
- Tom Kaden, Kaden+Partner, Berlin
Thursday, 04 September 2014, 1pm to 6pm
Expert congress on timber engineering Carinthia
Messe Klagenurt, Messehalle (hall) 3, first floor, Messeplatz 1
For in-depth technical discussions the first Expert Congress Carinthia on the topic 'Supply and enwrapping in wood construction. Links between timber engineering and building and façade technology' takes place as part of the project WOODBOX & WOODDAYS. These are the topics for discussion:
- Building and façade technology for multi-storey buildings in solid wood constructions; Gerhard Schickhofer and Gernot Schmid
- Focus building technology in laminated timber multi-storey buildings in London; Philipp Zumbrunnen
- Building technology in serial wood construction; Hermann Kaufmann
- Solution approaches of wood-adequate building technology in multi-storey buildings, Werner Nussmüller
- Design concepts for building technology in hotel buildings made of wood; Herwig Ronacher
- Durable solid wood constructions through inter-disciplinary planning; Andreas Ringhofer
This expert congress is organised and managed as a cooperational event of Klagenfurter Messe BetriebsgesellschaftmbH and TU Graz | Institut für Holzbau und Holztechnologie (Institute for timber engineering and wood technology, University of Technology Graz).
WOODBOX open daily from 10:00 am – 09:00 pm, free admission
woodbox on tour
The Woodbox is now open to everybody in Klagenfurt. At the opening press conference politicians and experts called for better framework conditions for the application and use of timber as a construction material. Now the Woodbox is placed at the Neuer Platz in Klagenfurt and shows how attractive modern timber constructions can be.
Flyer - WOOD.Building the Future
WOODBOX & WOODDAYS
in Klagenfurt are a cooperation of: the city of Klagenfurt, Kärntner Messen, Architektur Haus Kärnten, Fachhochschule (college of higher education) Kärnten, Institut für Holzbau und Holztechnologie (Institute for timber engineering and wood technology) of the Graz University of Technology and proHolz Kärnten.