Locations 2017 >
16 – 17 February 2017
18 – 21 May 2017
1 – 23 June 2017
woodbox on tour - milan
Cutting-edge timber architecture in Europe
10 days of dialogue on building with wood
Wood will be showcased right in the heart of the city as the material of the future when it comes to urban construction and living.
WOODBOX is a compact, mobile exhibition that, with the help of around 50 architectural examples, shows the new potential in building with wood – ecological, sustainable and urban.
WOODDAYS features dialogues, lectures and presentations of best practices around the theme of wood as a key material for the green cities of tomorrow.
Friday, March 21st 2014, 6:00 pm
Piazza Cordusio, Milan
Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
City dialogue “Wood Growing Cities” Milan – Zurich
- Zurich municipal politics, the vision of a “2000 Watt Society”
- Political and technological developments in the incorporation of more timber in multistorey buildings in Zurich
- Experiences from the Via Cenni project in Milan
- Status of urban building projects involving wood in Europe and abroad
- Norms, building regulations, status of fire and earthquake safety technologies
Friday, March 28th 2014, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Use of timber in the consolidation of existing structures (Arch. Andrea Oliva, studio CittaArchitettura)
- Repurposing and revitalising abandoned zones in the urban fabric (Arch. Alberto Alessi, director of materialegno magazine)
- Development of urban timber construction using Zurich as an example (Arch. Christian Sumi, Burkhalter Sumi architects, Zürich)
- Modern building of schools, intelligence and sustainability (Arch. Markus Turnher, Fink + Thurnher architects, Bregenz)
WOODBOX open daily from 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, free admission
WOODBOX & WOODDAYS
The city governments of Milan actively support the initiative as local partners.
Equally supportive are the respective national architecture, engineering and timber associations, relevant higher educational institutions and significant companies involved in the European timber industry.
- Fermacell srl
- Gandelli Legnami srl
- Rubner Holding spa
- Iscom spa
- La Edilegno srl
- LignoAlp-DAMIANI-HOLZ&KO spa
- Rotho Blaas srl
- Sistem Costruzioni srl
- Stratex spa
- Wood Beton spa