Locations 2017 >
16 – 17 February 2017
18 – 21 May 2017
1 – 23 June 2017
WOODBOX on TOUR - Vienna
Cutting-edge timber architecture in Europe
Wood will be showcased right in the heart of the city as the material of the future when it comes to urban construction and living.
WOODBOX is a compact, mobile exhibition that, with the help of around 50 architectural examples, shows the new potential in building with wood – ecological, sustainable and urban.
The reason for the presentation on 24 September 2015 in the Architekturzentrum Wien, in Vienna is Vienna's award for timber constructions, 'wienwood 15'.
Thursday, 24 September 2015
Press Conference 10 am
- Architekturzentrum Wien, Bibliothek (Library)
- Welcome (Hans Michael Offner, Chair proHolz Austria)
- Sustainable urban development in Vienna (Hermann Wedenig, Obersenatsrat der Stadtbaudirektion Wien [Senior Senate Councillor of the Executive Group of Construction and Technology])
- Share of timber constructions in Vienna and Austria (Alfred Teischinger, Univ. Prof., University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna)
- Speaker of the jury wienwood 15 (Otto Kapfinger, Journalist)
Opening of the Woodbox 11:30 am
WOODBOX open daily from 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, free admission
woodbox on tour