Locations 2017 >
16 – 17 February 2017
18 – 21 May 2017
1 – 23 June 2017
23 Mai – 5 June 2018
15 – 16 June 2018
21 – 26 September 2018
5 – 29 October 2018
WOODBOX on TOUR - Ljubljana
Zukunftsorientierte Holzarchitektur in Europa
10 Tage Dialoge rund ums Bauen mit Holz
Wood will be showcased right in the heart of the city as the material of the future when it comes to urban construction and living.
WOODBOX is a compact, mobile exhibition that, with the help of around 50 architectural examples, shows the new potential in building with wood – ecological, sustainable and urban.
WOODDAYS features dialogues, lectures and presentations of best practices around the theme of wood as a key material for the green cities of tomorrow.
Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:30 pm
Mestni trg, Ljubljana
Thursday, May 8th 2014, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Experts'Dialogue “Wood Growing Cities”
- Current timber construction projects – multistorey and urban – in Europe
- Urban development in Vienna with timber – experiences and perspectives
- Building with wood: planning and public authorities in dialogue
Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Architectural convention “Wood. Building the Future”
- Status quo of Slovenian architecture involving timber construction (Manja Kitek Kuzman, University of Ljubljana)
- Public buildings using timber in urban settings (Marusa Zorec & Janez Koželj, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Architecture)
- Age-appropriate: current examples of two retirement and care homes in Graz (Arch. Dieter Wissounig, Wissounig architects)
- Thermal renovation and modernisation of existing buildings with wood(Arch. Josef Hohensinn, Hohensinn Architektur ZT GmbH)
- Wood. Structure, soul, shell. Example of a project from South Tyrol (Arch. Matteo Scagnol & Sandy Attia, MoDus architects)
WOODBOX open daily from 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, free admission
woodbox on tour
WOODBOX & WOODDAYS
The city governments of Ljubljana actively support the initiative as local partners.
Equally supportive are the respective national architecture, engineering and timber associations, relevant higher educational institutions and significant companies involved in the European timber industry.
- Portal Lesena gradnja Slovenija
- Združenje lesne in pohištvene industrije
- Zbornica za arhitekturo in prostor Slovenije
- Univerza v Ljubljani, Biotehniška fakulteta, Oddelek za lesarstvo
- Zavog Big
- Advantage Austria Ljubljana