Master class 2018
international and interdisciplinary workshop
Comprehensive transformation of the region with wooden constructions
For the third year in a row we are organising a semester long international and interdisciplinary workshop, Master class, for the undergraduate students of architecture and civil engineering from Slovenia and Croatia. This year in Master class participate 46 students, 23 from each country, 12 architects and 11 civil engineers who will form interdisciplinary groups of 2+2 or 2+1. Their task is comprehensive transformation of the region Bohinj (noth-west Slovenia) with wooden constructions. The students from Ljubljana will make projects for renovation and transformation of the existing hotels and the students from Zagreb will design new sport facilities with large spans (swimming hall and rowing club).
Prominent dates within the Master class:
- 16th of March beginning of Master class in Bohinj (introduction of a task, knowing the area, getting to know all participants from Graz, Ljubljana and Zagreb)
- 16th of March a session of lectures made by Prof. H. Gangoly and Prof. G. Schickhofer in Bohinj
- 20th and 23rd of April a session of mid-term consultations with the Prof. H. Gangoly and Prof. G. Schickhofer in Ljubljana and Zagreb
- 7th and 8th of May a session of lectures by invited expert from practice (architect Ferdinand Reiter & engineer Kurt Pock) in Ljubljana and Zagreb
- 6th and 7th of June final presentations in Zagreb and Ljubljana
- 29th of June excursion to Austria and exhibition of the selected projects at TU Graz, Austria
- September one-month internship for the authors of the winning projects in Austria
Final resultsPublication is showing the projects made by 19 interdisciplinary groups from architectural and engineering faculties from Ljubljana and Zagreb. -217 pages with photos and plans
On June 29th, „GRAZ OPEN ARCHITECTURE 18“ will be hosted for the fifth time. The Faculty of Architecture invites the public to the annual summer celebration and exhibition of student works. For the first time proHolz interdisciplinary and international workshop Master class will be part of the exhibition.
In June the final presentations of the projects made within the Master class in Slovenia and Croatia will take place.
Friday, 20.4. was at Faculty of architecture, University of Ljubljana an intensive day. The students and professors from Ljubljana welcomed their colleagues from Zagreb on a mid-term consultation with Prof. Hans Gangoly, his assistant Sarah Julia Posch and Prof Gerhard Schickhofer.
Master class is organised by proHolz Austria in collaboration with:
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schickhofer, Institute of Timber Engineering and Wood Technology
Prof. Hans Gangoly & Dipl.-Ing. Sarah Julia Posch, Institute for Design and Architectural Typologies
University of Ljubljana
Prof. Dr. Roman Kunic, Prof. Dr. Bostjan Brank, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
Prof. Marusa Zorec, Univ. Ass. Arch. Uros Rustja, Faculty of Architecture
University of Zagreb
Prof. Dr. Sc. Vlatka Rajcic, Faculty of Civil Engineering
Prof. Dr. Mia Roth Cerina, Prof. Dr. Sc. Leo Modrcin, Faculty of Architecture
Maruša Retuznik, MSc. Civ. Eng.
Am Heumarkt 12
43 (0)1 / 712 04 74 -14