At the FH Aachen (University of applied sciences) architects, structural designers, timber engineers and enterprises, as well as students met on 3 and 4 September for an expert conference on timber constructions.07.09.2015
Locations 2017 >
16 – 17 February 2017
18 – 21 May 2017
1 – 23 June 2017
23 Mai – 5 June 2018
15 – 16 June 2018
21 – 26 September 2018
5 – 29 October 2018
WOODBOX on TOUR - Aachen
Cutting-edge timber architecture in Europe
Wood will be showcased right in the heart of the city as the material of the future when it comes to urban construction and living.
WOODBOX is a compact, mobile exhibition that, with the help of around 50 architectural examples, shows the new potential in building with wood – ecological, sustainable and urban.
Tuesday, 1 September 2015 12:00 noon
The Woodbox will be opened from Marcel Philipp, mayor of the city of Aachen, LMR Hubert Kaiser, Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Agriculture, Nature Conservation and Consumer Protection of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia and Ladislaus Döry, EPF
Alberto Alessi, curator of the WOODBOX and Klaus Klever, Association of German Architects BDA will also say a few words.
Tuesday, 1 September 2015, 2 pm to 8:45 pm
Low Tech - High Tech: Timber: Building material with a long tradition, building material with a fabulous future
Konzertsaal der Musikhochschule (concert hall), Theaterplatz 16
- Sabine Djahanschah - Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt, Osnabrück (German Federal Environmental Foundation)
- Alberto Alessi, Editor in chief at materialegno – Timber constructions today
- Klaus Dosch - Aachener Stiftung Kathy Beys (Foundation): Factor X – Parameters for building in the future.
- Kathrin Höfeler - B&O housing sector, Bad Aibling: City of wood, Bad Aibling
- Tobias Götz - Pirmin Jung Ingenieure für Holzbau (young engineers for timber constructions), Sinzig: Obstacles and barriers in building with timber and wood
- Walter Schär - Schärholzbau, Altbüron CH: Concept and culture of an enterprise
- Holger Hoffmann – Professorial chair at University of Wuppertal, Complex geometries and timber constructions
- Tom Frantzen - Frantzen et al Architecten BV, Amsterdam NL: Patch 22 highest timber construction in the Netherlands
- Positions on timber constructions in Aachen – Talk with: Head of the building department of the city of Aachen, representatives of the City Council and representatives of the housing and real estate sector
Aachener Stiftung Kathy Beys
Friday, 4 September 2015, 4 pm to 7 pm
Building with wood and timber
New research results, new applications and projects of universities and colleges
David Hansemann Saal hall of IHK, Theaterstraße 6
- Michael Klippel - ETH Zurich, Institute for Structural Engineering, Professorial chair, Timber Structures
Andrea Frangi: ETH House of Natural Resources, Laboratory for innovative and efficient timber structures
- Oliver David Krieg – University of Stuttgart, ICD Institute for computational design, Professorial chair
Achim Menges: Robotic pre-fabrication in timber constructions and the Hygroskin project
- Technische Universität - Darmstadt Solar Decathlon Team / DFH: The CUBITY project
Aachener Stiftung Kathy Beys
The WOODBOX was opened in Aachen in front of the Elisa Fountain (Elisenbrunnen) on 1 September by Mayor Marcel Philipp in the presence of representatives of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, as well as partner organisations and the press.01.09.2015
WOODBOX open daily from 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, free admission
woodbox on tour
Woodbox & Wooddays
The city governments of Aachen actively support the initiative as local partners.
Equally supportive are the Bund Deutscher Architekten BDA with Aachener Stiftung Kathy Beys, Fachhochschule Aachen, supported by Holzkompetenzzentrum Rheinland, HWK und IHK Aachen.